Terms And Conditions Of Contractor Buyout
Although rare, some of our clients are so excited about who we've matched them with that they decide to hire their Inbox Manager as a full-time employee. If this the path you'd like to pursue, the following steps outline our standard process:
- Book a call with InboxDone (here). Before speaking with your Manager about the possibility of full-time employment, we ask that you discuss the transition with us first to confirm all necessary details.
- Book a call with your Manager. Ultimately, it is up to your Manager if they would like to become an employee of your business. About 70% of our Managers accept employment opportunities (when offered), though some decline.
- Sign the contract. Once your Manager has accepted the position, the buyout contract is signed by you (the client) and InboxDone. The contract is simply a copy of the terms outlined below. It also includes the time requirements needed for successful offboarding.
- Pay the buyout fee. There is a $12,000 buyout fee required for all hires. This one-time fee covers the significant investment made in each Manager, including recruiting, vetting, hiring, training, matching, ongoing support — all the steps that make them someone you want to hire. It also covers the potential loss of any other clients your Manager may be working with. The buyout fee covers the time involved to hire, train and replace your Manager's other client accounts, although there is no guarantee these other clients will want to continue with a different manager. The buyout fee is non-negotiable, though it can potentially be reduced with referral payouts.
- Last day assigned, offboarding begins. The reassignment period cannot begin until payment is received. Once payment is made and the contract is signed, we will select an official last day for your Manager (usually 30-60 days after payment). This gives us a clear deadline to work toward and ensures a smooth transition for all parties.
NOTE: If you currently have two Inbox Managers on your account but only want to hire one, you can either a) continue to work with the second Manager through InboxDone on a lower monthly plan, or b) have us reassign your second manager to a different client account.
These terms will be validly executed by making a manual payment of the provided invoice, and/or once you (the Client) has authorized InboxDone to charge the card on file. A signed copy of this Agreement will also be sent to your email on file, as well as a receipt confirming payment.
The following conditions of sale (“Terms and Conditions”) bind INBOX DONE LTD., a federally incorporated company (“InboxDone” or the “Company”) and the future employer (the “Client”) with respect to the buyout from InboxDone of the specified contractor(s) (the “Buyout”) in accordance with the terms of the InboxDone Client Service Agreement to which the Client is a party. Upon receipt by InboxDone of all amounts owing as specified in the invoice to which these Terms and Conditions are attached, the Company agrees that:
a) The InboxDone Contractor will cease working with InboxDone in all respects whatsoever after the date agreed upon by the Client and InboxDone, unless specifically requested to do so by the Client and/or Contractor; and,
b) InboxDone hereby provides its written waiver of all non-solicitation and non-competition covenants to which the InboxDone Contractor and/or the Client may be bound, including but not limited to those contained within Section 14 of the InboxDone Client Service Agreement; and,
c) InboxDone hereby provides its written waiver of the 120-day client reassignment period related to any additional training and replacement, as outlined in Section 15 of the InboxDone Client Service Agreement, and instead guarantees a maximum of 60 days for all offboarding obligations.
1. Payment Terms.
The Client shall pay InboxDone a placement fee of $12,000 USD (the “Buyout Amount”) upon receipt of payment link, or when the Client authorizes the charge to the payment method on file. The reassignment period cannot begin until payment is received.
InboxDone shall be paid the Buyout Amount in accordance with these terms. In case of any default in payment hereunder or under any other contract with InboxDone, all amounts owing under this and other contracts by the Client to InboxDone shall become due, notwithstanding the terms of sale. The Client shall be liable for all expenses attendant to the collection of past due amounts, including attorneys’ fees and costs. InboxDone reserves the right to set off any amounts owing from the Client against any amounts payable to InboxDone.
The foregoing is the sole warranty of the InboxDone in connection with the Client and is in lieu of all other warranties and conditions (express and implied and those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade), including but not limited to warranties or conditions of quality or fitness for a particular purpose. No other warranties or conditions expressed or implied are given. InboxDone’s liability on any claims for loss or damage arising out of this contract or the performance or breach or connected with the supplying of services hereunder, whether based civil liability (whether contractual or extra-contractual), warranty, tort (including negligence) or other grounds, is extinguished, regardless of cause or fault. This limitation of liability reflects a deliberate and bargained for allocation of risks between InboxDone and the Client and constitutes the basis for the parties’ bargain without which InboxDone would not have agreed to the price or terms of this contract. InboxDone shall not in any event be liable whether as a result of breach of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or other grounds for incidental, special or consequential damages, including but not limited to, loss of profits or revenue, loss of use of the goods or any associated products, cost of capital, cost of substitute products, facilities or services, downtime costs, or claims of customers of buyers for such damage.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
The Client (the “Indemnitor”) will defend, indemnify and hold harmless InboxDone and its officers, directors, contractors, and employees (together, the “Indemnitees”) against and from any and all third party claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damage, loss, suits, proceedings, costs, liabilities, expenses and charges incurred or suffered by the Indemnitees as a result of or in connection with any material non-fulfillment or breach of any warranty or covenant, or any material misrepresentation by the Indemnitor. This Section will survive termination and expiry of this Agreement for a period of three (3) years.
5. Future Services.
The Client may, in their sole discretion, add on additional management services with InboxDone at any point, in perpetuity.